What Is The Best Headliner Adhesive In The Market?
A car’s headliner is the felt or fabric material that covers the inside of the ceiling area. It protects and provides insulation and visual enhancements in the same way as door panels or carpeting in the car.
If the headliner starts to sag or you just want to replace the entire thing, you need to use the best headliner adhesive. Make sure that the headliner you use will last for several years.
Types Of Headliner Adhesive
There are two types of headliner adhesive – liquid and aerosol.
- The liquid type of adhesive can be sprayed using a paint gun, and it is very effective. It can glue a car to a light pole.
- The aerosol adhesive is designed to hold up the headliners in high temperatures. This is the type of adhesive that should be used on auto headliners. The aerosol adhesive can withstand up to 200 degrees in a closed truck or car if you are living in one of the hottest states in the US.
Top 3 Best Headliner Adhesive
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
3M Headliner and Fabric Adhesive can bond car headliners, carpet, and other fabrics very well. This can also bond other non-porous materials like plastic and metal. It can resist the deteriorating effects of humidity, cold, moisture, heat and other environmental conditions.
You need a specially formulated adhesive to install the fabric materials on your vehicle to create a strong bond without staining or discoloring the fabric. The aerosol can dispense a continuous even coat of adhesive to reduce the possibility of over-saturation. To make the application directly on the desired area, you can adjust the nozzle.
It only takes around 30 to 60 minutes to bond the two materials together. This gives you enough time to complete the job, but it is fast enough to speed up the completion of the project.
- Can bond heavyweight automotive materials
- Versatile to bond foam, plastic, and fabric to metal
- Ideal for carpets, headliners, and other fabrics in vehicles
- Dries up fast in 30 to 60 minutes
- The aerosol can control the application easily
- Nozzle breaks easily
- Leaves ugly stain
3M Super 77 is a multifunctional spray adhesive that is used for many projects to bond lightweight materials. It is transparent, quick drying and versatile. This adhesive bonds permanently and provides quick results to help make projects easy to complete. The aerosol formula is easy to disperse and can be applied directly on surfaces and materials if needed. It sticks decorative films, plastics, foams, films, metals, cardboard and papers to most surfaces.
The Scotch Adhesive provides an easy to use solution for office, classroom, and home. The product is specially formulated to be repositionable and multi-purpose. It does not leave any mess when it dries up. No bleed and no wrinkling. The entire project holds strong to provide you professional results.
- Multipurpose spray adhesive that bonds to different surfaces
- Sticks to various materials
- Transparent spray formula
- It does not drip or run when used in vertical position
- Dries fast
- Not super strong.
Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive is a stronghold spray adhesive manufactured to repair the parts of your car that have loosened or detached. It can bond foam, rubbers, fabrics, plastics and other automotive materials.
The adhesive is very resistant to extreme weather conditions and water. This high temperature formula dries well and cleanly. You can use the adhesive not just on headliner but on carpets, inside door panels and trunk linings as well.
- Stronghold and can withstand high temperature
- Designed for repairing the internal parts that loosened or detached, dries well for neat look
- Water resistant
- Multipurpose can be applied on headliners, trunk linings, inside door panels, and carpets made of various materials like rubber, foam, plastics, and fabrics.
- It does not hold longer, the materials peel-off after several months
Finding the best headliner adhesive may take longer than you expected. If you based your research on reviews you can easily find the right product right away. However, there are some cases where a review may recommend a product that works for them but for some reasons it does not work for you. Make sure that you consider everything before deciding which headliner adhesive to use.
Among the top 3 best headliner adhesive products that we reviewed, we find the two 3M’s the best products for any type of vehicle. The quality of the end result is more pleasing than the other brands. The price of the items can also be one of your deciding factors. We hope this post helped you find the best product for your vehicle. If you find this post helpful, you can comment below or share this with your friends.
So what do you think did you decide which is the best headliner adhesive for you?