How to Clean Tinted Windows
Taking care of your tinted windows means taking care of a high quality investment. All in all, you’ve put a lot of time and money into having your windows be exactly the way you want them. However, there are special techniques you need to know to keep your windows in the best shape. Read on to find out our tips on how to clean tinted windows properly!
The Right Products
Finding the right products top clean tinted windows doesn’t have to be difficult. Because the film is normally placed on the inside of your vehicle, you need to use gentle, non-corrosive products. All things considered, you want something that will keep the dirt at bay, but not harm the tinted film. If you want to know how to clean tinted windows, you need to know what to use!
That being said, there are products created just for the car of tinted windows. Purchasing a special product can cost you anywhere from around $4.00 to $45.00. So if you’ve already decided that tinted car windows are a good idea for you, it’s time to start looking into the best available products to maintain them. However, you don’t have to spend a lot of money! You can also just use something as simple as a little soap and hot water.
You will also need a good quality cloth. A microfiber cloth, or something similar to work on gently cleaning your car windows is an excellent idea. Not only that, but also a squeegee and a dry cloth if desired.
Steps to Clean Tinted Windows
Cleaning your windows isn’t complicated. There are several tips and tricks to getting your windows super clean. However, our simple steps are the best for getting those tinted windows in the best shape. You have already wondered, “does tinting windows increase insurance?” or “How much will maintaining these cost?”. No need to worry about keeping your investment looking amazing!
Here are the steps for the best way to clean tinted windows:
- First, check the film to make sure there are no damaged areas. This could lead to product getting in between the film and the window and causing more destruction to the film.
- Second, you will need to get together your product. Whether you’ve purchased something special, or are simply using warm water and a bit of soap in a spray bottle, it is totally up to you. DO NOT use anything with ammonia, or other harsh chemicals. This could damage the film.
- Use your cleaning product of choice by spraying it onto the window. Try to use only enough to dampen the window. You do not want to soak it.
- Next, you’ll take your microfiber cloth and wash the window horizontally, then vertically. If there are residual streaks, reapply the product and wipe again. It simply means your cloth was dirty, or the window was very dirty.
- If you prefer to use a squeegee, then once you are finished cleaning the window with your cloth and cleaner, spray the window with a small amount of warm water. Use the squeegee to clean all the water off, and wipe the squeegee with a towel.
- Proceed to do all of your windows in the same manner.
There you have it! It is quite simple to clean tinted windows if you have the right tools, as well as the right instructions! Because the tinted film can sometimes be delicate at first, it is a good idea to wait a few weeks after installation before cleaning them for the first time.
Cleaning Windows as Part of Your Maintenance Routine
Cleaning your windows should definitely be a primary part of your typical car maintenance. All you need is the right products, the best tools, and the right instructions. Follow this helpful guide to keep your windows looking fresh. Not to mention always knowing the right way to clean your tinted windows!